Captain Zarir Irani
Captain Zarir Irani, NAMS-CMS, FIIMS, FICS, AFNI, MBA.
Captain Zarir Irani’s areas of Expertise are:
- Hull and Structural damage Surveys on board Bulk Carriers and Container ships.
- Collision Investigation of seagoing Tankers.
- Flag Registration Consultants, HULL AND MACHINERY SURVEYORS.
- Investigations into grounding, Collisions and/or contact damages.
- Investigations of Bulk and Containerized cargo related claims (Quantity & Quality).
- General Average Surveys.
- Towing and fastening Surveys, warranty Surveys
- Investigations into Stoppages at sea, Diversions and delays.
- Hatch covers ULTRA SOUND TEST Inspection. (Training course by SDT Sherlog)
- Cargo tally, Pre/ Post shipment Steel surveys, and Project cargoes.
- Refrigerated Cargo Surveys, Container Damage/ malfunction Claims.
- Sealing and Unsealing of cargo holds and Drawing Cargo Samples.
- Casualty inspections and Internal Safety Audits.
- Project Cargo & heavy lifts – Stowage, Lashing approvals and Superintendence.
- Container Surveys: Condition Damage & Repair Estimates. Certification for cargo worthiness.
- Inquiry into overloading of vessel and/or assisting Master in stability Calculation.
- Inquiry into Fire and other Marine accidents.
- Inaccessible cargo space surveys to measure hatch volume.
Captain Irani’s knowledge bank is updated regularly to keep abreast with the latest regulations and Maritime Policies, being an Active member of the following Professional organizations goes a long way towards this cause:
- International Institute Of Marine Surveying (Regional Director-Persian Gulf) – Nominated Fellow
- Institute of Chartered Ship Brokers (ICS)- Education committee member – Nominated Fellow
- Institute Of Marine Technologist. (associate)
- The Nautical Institute. – Associated Fellow
- National Association of Marine Surveyors – USA. NAMSglobal-CMS (Certified Marine Surveyor).
Captain Zarir Soli Irani
- MBA, FICS, AFNI, FIIMS, NAMS-CMS
- (I.I.M.S. Regional Director for Arabian Gulf) Sr. Partner
U.A.E Resident Since 2004
- Tel. : +971 4 4232884 & +971 4 4518060
- Fax : +971 4 4232894
- E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
For Captain Zarir Irani’s CV, please click CV
Certificates of Capt.Zarir Irani
no images were found
Captain Zarir irani’s Introduction while presenting a conference paper:
Recent interviews of Captain Zarir Irani.
Recent Article by Captain Zarir Irani.
PRACTICAL RISKS OF RIG MOVING (Brief Presentation Synopsis)
- A Rig move Master’s Perspective-case study
- Pro-active Measures with industry intelligence
RELOCATION OF A JACK-UP DRILLING UNIT –For Full Article click here
Captain Zarir Irani Presentation on Marine insurance and warranty at the off shore support Vessel Technlology Forum held in Abu Dhabi.
In a well researched presentation Capt. Zarir lrani spoke about the Act, Principles, Warranties, Common Findings related to the marine insurance sector. He mentioned that worldwide Marine insurance contracts take into consideration the statute mentioned in the Marine Insurance Act 1906 and majority of the world-wide marine insurance is governed by this Act.During his talk he pointed out the five basic principles of marine insurance that should be adhered to viz: Insurable interest, Utmost Good Faith, Proximate Cause., indemnity and Subrogation. He categorically stated that all contracts of marine insurance are contracts ‘ Uberrimae fidei ‘ i.e. of the utmost good faith’ and if the utmost good faith be not observed by either party, the contract may be voided by the other party (the underwriters). Proximate Cause (or ‘causa proxima’) is derived from the legal dictum causa proxima non remota spectatur’. This means that ‘the proximate and not the remote cause to be considered’. The Act provides that the insurer is liable for any loss proximately caused by a peril insured against h mentioned.
Capt. Irani clearly explained the warranty clauses and its meaning. In his well-attended paper he mentioned that a warranty’s the same as a “condition” on any other type of insurance policy. It is an express or implied contractual undertaking by the assured that something will or will not be done.
Go through our Marine Experts profiles: