TEAM LEAD, PORT RISK ASSESSMENT
Capt. LKP’s Areas of Expertise are:
• Inspection and certification of port facilities for safety and security certification
• Casualty Investigation of accidents in port and at sea.
• Chairman of Navigation safety ports committee of Ministry of shipping from 2012 to 2016. The Committee approved all new port facilities for operation. Inspected 26 new port and terminals, for grant of operational permission.
• Chairman of port safety and security Committee, under ISPS code of the IMO.
• Assessment, Evaluation and Grant of approval of Insurance companies for ships in accordance with the Port entry Rules of Government of India.
• Maritime Assessor and Arbitrator at Admiralty courts.
• Inspection of ships for safety survey as per SOLAS up to 2012.
• Inspection of ships for pollution prevention and certification.
• Inspection of Tanker terminals for operation under ISGOT AND OCIMF requirements.
• Graduated with Physics Honors, B.Sc. in 1975. Rajasthan University
• Master (Captain of Merchant Navy) in 1986 for The Government of India.
• Extra Master Certificate in 1989 from Government of India.
Sea Going Experience:
• Pre sea training at Training Ship Rajendra 1975-76.
• Sailed in various capacities as a deck officer on various types of ships including VLCCs of which 3 years as Master up to 1992.
• Marine Adviser to Government of Iran from 1990-91.
• Joined Maritime Administration in 1992 as Nautical Surveyor,
• As the Principal officer of Mercantile Marine Departments was registrar of Indian ships from 2006 till 2016.
• Trustee of Paradeep Port, Kolkata including Haldia, Kochi and Mumbai.
• Superannuated as Nautical Adviser to Govt of India in October 2016.
• The leader of Indian delegation at IMO. ILO, FUND and maritime Institutions including the IG and PnI clubs on Maritime Insurance issues.
• Marine consultant n Competent person with IMO for Caspian states.
Presently engaged as Maritime Consultant, Independent Director and Adviser to Port and Shipping Organizations including Maritime training and Educational Establishments.
• Lead Auditor from Lloyd’s. N Government of India.
• Ship Safety surveyor/Auditor- Government of India.
• IMO’s OPRC level course 1.2.3, for prevention of Marine pollution.
For Captain LKP’s CV, please click CV